Go Famously Green with Veggie Antipasto
With the temperatures rising outside, sometimes cold food hits the spot. A lot of veggie naysayers out there always think of lettuce and salads, but you can go meatless and have so much more! One of my favorite summer treats is to assemble a big platter of Veggie Antipasto and keep it on hand in the fridge because it’s great for snacks and a light meal.
Assemble any of the following on a large platter and enjoy! (Make sure you drain off any liquids before assembling!!)
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Roasted garlic
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Pickled or fresh onion slices
- Kalamata olives (I usually try to buy ones already pitted)
- Roasted or fresh red pepper strips
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sugar snap peas
- Cucumber slices
- Cheeses (Gouda, Provolone, Feta, Mozzarella, Goat, etc.)
- Breads and/or crackers (A good crusty French loaf is perfect but crackers or melba toast are good, too!)
- And, of course, you can always add a soy-based “meat” like salami, pepperoni or even marinated tofu.
Visit http://www.GoFamouslyGreen.com for more inspiring ideas!